On Saturday the 20th of August officers from the Community Action Team attended the first community clean up in the Friswells Hill area organized by the newly formed Neighborhood Watch Group.
Police officers from East, West and Central offices came together to work alongside Keep Bermuda Beautiful (KBB) staff, Minister of Community Development and local MP Michael Weeks as well as local residents in order to make a physical improvement to this community.
The group worked throughout the neighborhood collecting trash, removing overgrown plants and bushes and painting over areas of graffiti. Once completed, everyone settled down for a BBQ where all the parties involved had the opportunity to get to know each other better and build better relationships.
The Friswells Hill Neighborhood Watch Group, while in its early stages, has been very active and is looking at hosting other community events in the coming months in an effort to mobilize more area residents and grow community spirit.
- Police Officers & KBB Clean Up Parsons Rd
- Police Deploy Taser For The First Time
- Commissioner of Police Denies Taser Was Used
- Police Hold Strategic Firearms Training
- 2012 End of Year Crime Statistics Released
- Police Release 2012 Second Quarter Crime Statistics