The camera ran for three years as Rockport Marine in Maine built the “Spirit of Bermuda,” with the footage assembled into the two minute video clip below.
Launched in 2006 and operated by the Bermuda Sloop Foundation, the “Spirit of Bermuda” is an educational vessel intended to introduce its crews of young Bermudians to the island’s maritime heritage.
The replica of a 19th century Bermuda “ballyhoo” schooner, the Spirit was designed by celebrated American naval architect and longtime Newport-Bermuda race participant and official Bill Langan who died last year.
- Colbert Report: Charleston to Bermuda Race
- Dkembe’s Voyage Through The South Pacific
- Optimist Open & National Championship
- Video: Youth Sailors Return From Regatta
- Comets Territorial Regatta Results
- Bermuda Sailors Competing In Wales