Bermuda’s 800m national record holder Aaron Evans came agonizingly close to qualifying for the 2012 London Olympic Games, running a 1:46.69, a mere 0.39 seconds off the Olympic B standard of 1:46.30.
His performance did however earn him a gold medal in the NAAA Sagicor/NGC National Open Track and Field Championships. currently underway in Port of Spain, Trinidad.
Aaron Evans won the 800m in 1:46.69, with T&T’s Jamaal James second in 1:47.25, and Mark London claiming a bronze medal with a time of 1:50.54.
Bermuda’s Arantxa King — who has been given an Olympic berth – also claimed a gold medal, producing a wind-assisted 6.40 metres leap to win the women’s long jump.
- Tyrone Smith Looking To Make Another Final
- Tyrone Smith Qualifies For 2012 Olympics
- Shaquille Dill Places 3rd In Overseas Meet
- Olympics: Arantxa King Finishes In 13th Place
- Arantxa King Accepted Into London 2012 Olympics
- Looking Back: Bermuda’s Olympic Relay Team