In Magistrates Court this morning [June 27], Jamal Hawker, 39, managed to avoid being held on remand until trial on Friday 29th June.
Defended by lawyer Marc Daniels, Mr Hawker was charged with violating a domestic order that had required him to have no contact with his wife. It was alleged that on 26th June in Paget Parish, in contravention of a Domestic Violence Order, Mr Hawker had allegedly harassed his wife. Mr Hawker pleaded not guilty.
During a lengthy bail hearing Senior Magistrate Archie Warner was persuaded to grant bail in the amount of $2,000 with one like Surety. In granting bail, Magistrate Warner ordered that until Friday’s trial, Mr Hawker should stay away from his wife.
- Defendants In Court For Monthly Arraignments
- Conditional Discharge For Marijuana Possession
- Woman Receives Suspended Sentence
- Police Investigate Court ‘Disturbance’
- Charged: Cannabis By Nursery School
- Social Inquiry Report For Trespasser