[Updated] A 7-year-old boy is listed in stable condition in the Intensive Care Unit after he was involved in an accident yesterday which saw a car collide with him as he was riding his pedal cycle on St. John’s Road in Pembroke.
A police spokesperson said: “Around 7:15pm on Sunday, July 29th police and first responders attended a reported serious collision on St. John’s Road in Pembroke near the junction with Langton Hill involving a car and a pedal cycle. It appears that both vehicles were traveling along St. John’s Road when they collided.
“As a result the pedal cyclist, a 7 year old Pembroke boy, was injured and taken to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital via ambulance for treatment.
“As last check the victim was in the Intensive Care Unit in stable condition. There were no other injuries reported. Inquiries into this collision are ongoing and any witnesses are encouraged to contact PC David McHugh on 295-0011.”
Update July 31: The 7-year-old remains in the Intensive Care Unit in stable condition.
- Student Helper: Small Fire At Coral Beach
- 12-Yr-Old Girl Injured In Three Vehicle Collision
- 10-Yr-Old Boy Injured In Accident
- Police Name Child As Stanwondae Swan
- Near Drowning: Two Children Rushed To Hospital
- Driver Released On Bail, Witnesses Sought