The Parliamentary Standing Committee on the Public Accounts will conduct a Public Meeting of the Committee today [July 12] at 3pm in the St. Paul’s A.M.E. Church Centennial Hall on Court Street. The meeting was orginally slated for last week, but was rescheduled to this week.
It is expected that the Standing Committee will again deliberate on matters raised by the Auditor General in the ‘Special Report of the Auditor General on the Misuse of Funds’, dated December 2011.
The Public Accounts Committee is comprised of Members of Parliament and is authorized by the House of Assembly to closely examine and report on matters relating to the accounts of the Government of Bermuda and, in particular, to investigate findings reported by the Auditor General in the Auditor’s Annual and other Special Reports.
The Chairman of the Committee is OBA MP Bob Richards. Members of the public are invited to attend and observe the meeting to be held in The St. Paul’s A.M.E. Church Centennial Hall, Court Street, Hamilton.
- PAC Discusses Auditor General’s Special Report
- Richards On ‘Political Obstruction’
- Richards & Burt: Auditor’s Work Delay
- Auditor General Criticizes Financial Statements
- Videos: Political Candidates Discuss Marijuana
- Gang ‘Reference Guide’ To Be Unveiled