The French Navy ship La Tapageuse arrived in Bermuda on Saturday [July 14] and can be seen berthed at Penno’s Wharf in St. George’s. The purpose of the layover is rest & relaxation and the ship is expected to be here until Tuesday morning.
The French Ministry of Defense website says the Tapageuse is the 10th unit of the set of ten patrol boats of the Navy’s P-type 400 for protection tasks of exclusive economic zones or public service. It was launched on February 16, 1987 and called to active duty on Feb. 11, 1988. The ship is based in French Polynesia, Papeete.
Click to enlarge photos:
- St. George’s Mayor On Town Cut
- 102-Year-Old Tall Ship Visits St George’s
- Video: 198ft Motor Yacht Docks In St George’s
- 75-Year-Old Man Injured: Fall From Boat
- Photos: Norwegian Tall Ship Visits St George’s
- Photos: $70 Million Superyacht Stops In Bermuda