Arlene Brock, Ombudsman for Bermuda announced a new protocol following a meeting with Premier Paula Cox.
She noted: “Further to our 2011 Annual Report, Madam Premier requested to meet with me to discuss my concerns about the Constitutional independence of our office. We agreed to meet from time to time in future to ensure frank, cordial communication and clarification about procedural and other concerns.
The Ombudsman added: “While we may not be in full accord on every substantive issue, I am confident that such periodic communication will enhance mutual understanding, support for the oversight function of this office, and, shared commitment to promote the principles of good governance.”
Further she noted: “Our agreement is similar to Ontario where the Premier and Ombudsman try to meet quarterly and to a UK protocol with respect to meetings between the offices of the Ombudsman and the Secretary to the Cabinet.”
- Minister & OBA On Moratorium Policy
- Videos: Political Candidates Discuss Marijuana
- Gang ‘Reference Guide’ To Be Unveiled
- National Security Minister: Crime & Gangs
- Treatment Centre To Be Named After Bascome
- Video: Health Minister On Hiring Consultants