Acting Turks and Caicos Governor Patrick Boyle has sworn in Justice Paul Harrison, a Jamaican national, as a Supreme Court Judge to preside over criminal cases arising out of the Commission of Inquiry that began in the territory in 2008.
That commission investigated allegations of high-level corruption in the British Overseas Territory, which led to the UK imposing direct rule on the Turks and Caicos in 2009, and a number of local politician being charged in Court.
Former Turks and Caicos Premier Michael Misick has sought “political asylum” in an unnamed country after Interpol issued an arrest warrant for him in connection with allegations of government corruption. His whereabouts remain unknown.
- UK Sets Date For Turks & Caicos Elections
- SIPT & Sandals Resorts Reach $12M Agreement
- PNP Returns To Power In Turks & Caicos
- TCI’s PNP Seeks Independence Referendum
- Premier Comments On Turks & Caicos Elections
- Turks & Caicos Civil Recovery Up To $19.5 Million