In Magistrates Court this morning [July 17], a teenager pleaded not guilty to two charges of assault.
16-year-old Daeshon Warner pleaded not guilty to trespassing at Somersfield Academy on the evening of Saturday 14th July and unlawfully assaulting a woman and causing her bodily harm.
Connected to the first charge, he also pleaded not guilty to a second charge of unlawfully assaulting a man and also causing him bodily harm.
Senior Magistrate Archie Warner said that he was minded to send him to the COED facility whilst he awaited trial.
Duty Counsel lawyer Mr L Holder came to Warner’s support and asked that Warner should not be remanded. Mr Holder also asked if Warner’s mother, who was present in Court, could address the Magistrate on the matter.
Having heard from Duty Counsel, Warner’s mother, and Warner himself; the Senior Magistrate granted the sixteen year-old bail of $2,000 with one Surety. Warner’s mother or some other adult must sign all bail on his behalf.
- Court: 16-Year-Old Charged With Burglary
- Conditional Discharge For Offensive Words
- Teenagers Charged With Robbery
- Three Males Granted Conditional Discharges
- Four Teenagers Charged With Group Attack
- Teenager Admits Stealing From Grandfather