19-year-old Darrion Simons of Pembroke pleaded guilty to knowingly handling a firearm in Supreme Court this morning [July 23], just prior to the start of his scheduled trial.
Mr Simons was remanded in custody and will be sentenced at a later date. The judge ordered social enquiry report with Mr Simons set to re-appear in Court at a future arraignment session.
The incident occurred in November of last year, and after the incident, a Police spokesman said that at about 2:30am on Saturday, November 5th, officers were on uniform patrol in the vicinity of the former Clayhouse Inn on North Shore Road in Devonshire.
Police observed two men near a parked motor vehicle. On seeing the officers the two men attempted to avoid police by driving off on a motorcycle resulting in a brief pursuit. They were stopped and detained a short distance away.
- Teens Sentenced To Time Served
- Teen Charged With Burglaries
- Students Charged: Drug Possession
- Teenager Charged Over Motorcycle, Two Bolts
- Two Teens Admit Having Offensive Weapons
- Three Teens Remanded Until February Trial