The draws for this weekend’s BSRA Red Hot Summer Squash Classic were released today [Aug 6] with the tournament set to kick off on Friday, August 10th.
A spokesperson from the Squash Association said: “Big names to watch out for in the ladies event are sisters Kelly & Rachel Barnes, seeded to meet in the final. Just back from the Caribbean Juniors is Alex Marshall wanting to cause an upset… and of course Denise Kyme is in the mix hoping to add another title to her long list of tournament wins. Emma Keane also back from the Caribbean’s will be pushing hard for an upset along with Kim Morbey and Joanne Bielby.
“In the Men’s event almost all the top stars are in including newly crowned Caribbean Champion Noah Browne. Noah is in the top half of the draw and should he get past Kristian Muldoon he is seeded to meet National Champion Patrick Foster.
“The bottom half of the draw has Bermuda stars Nick Kyme and Micah Franklin seeded to clash in the semifinals. Nick however will face new opposition in the form of CourtHouse coach Daren Ramsey.
“The tough bottom half also features two members of the triumphant Caribbean Junior winning team D’Vario Thompson and Beau Orchard. Other dangerous players are Thomas Sherratt and Stephen Smith all well capable of an upset.”
The match schedule for the weekend is below:
- Friday 10th August – Round 1 matches 6-9pm
- Saturday 11th August – Round 2, 1/4 Final and Plate matches 12-7pm
- Sunday 12th August – Semi Final & Final 11am-3pm
- Ladies Semis (Saturday 4.30pm & 5pm)
- Men’s Semis (Sunday 11 & 11.30am)
- Ladies Final (Sunday 1.30pm)
- Men’s Final (Sunday 2.00pm)
- Photos, Videos & Results: Squash Finals
- Video: Digicel National Squash Championships
- Videos/Results: Day #3 Squash Champs
- Day 1 Results: 2011 National Squash Champs
- “Bermuda A” Win Squash Challenge
- Squash Tournament: Day 2 Results