Yesterday [Aug 2] the police interrupted a burglary in progress in Smiths, however the culprit jumped off the roof of the residence to escape.
A police spokesperson said: “Police attended a burglary in progress at a residence on Church Dale Lane in Smiths. Upon seeing the police the culprit managed to get onto the roof of the residence, he then jumped off the roof and made good his escape.
“Despite an extensive search in the area police were unable to apprehend the suspect, inquiries into this incident are underway.”
The police also said that they maintained a “very visible presence at Cup Match, BeachFest, and other social events. There were several calls for service which needed police intervention and or attendance, however there were no major incidents to report.”
- Police Issue Burglary Advisory
- Events To Focus On Restorative Justice
- Motorcyclist Robbed At Gunpoint In Southampton
- Police Recover Loaded Firearm
- Bermuda Chairs Regional Crime Stoppers
- Woman Accosted, Bag Stolen