A burglary suspect jumped off the roof of a building in an attempt to escape the police this evening [Aug 24], however he fell on his face and was arrested.
Police spokesman Dwayne Caines said, “A few minutes after 7:30pm police responded to a report of a burglary that took place at a business on Court Street. Police were in the area and saw the suspect.
“A chase ensued and the suspect made his way to the corner of King and Dundonald Streets where he jumped on the roof of a nearby building. Police surrounded the building however the man jumped off the building resulting in the man falling on his face.
“A struggle commenced and the suspect was tasered by police. On his person he had a quantity of cash and other undisclosed items. Inquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- Easter Thieves Vandalize Home & Eat Fishcakes
- Daytime Burglaries Reported In Smith’s Parish
- Woman Robbed Of ‘Large Amount Of Money’
- Police Probe Burglaries On Purvis Estate
- Rider Attempts To Escape On Stolen Motorcycle
- Police Service Issues Burglary Advisory
Articles that link to this one:
- Man Pleads Not Guilty: Stealing Shoes & Cash | Bernews.com | August 27, 2012