Dominique Mahyo — the May 24th cycling champion — is presently in France where he is spending two months training with Philippe Mauduit and racing with the club UCC Vivonne.
The 18-year-old said he had a good flight over and was met by Mr Mauduit and his daughter at the train station and was driven to his house in the Saxo bank team car. He said that during his training he has cycled 445k this week.
“I competed in my first race in France. It was 97km, ” Mayho said. “The course was mostly flat with one steep climb about one hundred meters long.
“Since it was my first race for the team UCC Vivonne I decided to cover all the early moves, after about a hour of racing one stuck. Every lap they had primes [prize for the first one cross the line].
“I won five of them but it affected me late in the race. Three laps to go they started attacking each other I couldn’t go anymore. I don’t know the result, but I won €50 from the primes.”
- Junior Cyclists To Compete In Pennsylvania
- Cyclist Deshi Smith Competes In New York
- Daniel Oatley Wins Gold In Dominican Republic
- Dominique Mayho Continues Training In France
- Jr Caribbean Cycling Championships Rescheduled
- Caribbean Cycling Postponed Due To Storm