[Updated] Rumours are circulating over the high police presence on North Shore yesterday [Aug 18], with various stories circulating. The police had the area of North Shore between BlackWatch Pass and Berkeley Hill blocked off for some time in the evening, with multiple officers visible in the area.
As Bernews has received multiple queries about the various stories, we checked into the reasons for the high police presence and unofficial reports suggest the police were searching for something, however did not find anything of note.
Update 7.29pm: A police spokesperson said: “Marine Section along with other officers attended the waters off of the North Shore in Pembroke after a report of some suspicious objects being found in the water.
“The objects were examined however they do not appear to be significant. Inquires into this matter are on going.”
- Thieves Take To the Seas: Thefts From Boats
- 48-Yr-Old Arrested In Caves Expected in Court
- Two ‘Missing Sailors’ Arrested On Arrival
- Emergency Services Respond, Diver Dies
- Police Divers Search Waters Off Causeway
- Photos/Video: Airport Emergency Exercise