On 1st May 2012, Tomiko Wainwright, 36, was seen by police to be collecting items from the base of a tree. The police observer was about a mile away in the Police Operations Centre, looking at a TV monitor that was scanning the Court Street area in which Wainwright was seen.
The Observer dispatched a nearby Police unit who soon found Wainwright. They took Wainwright back to the tree and Police searched in the same area where Wainwright had been seen searching. Their search turned up several small twists containing a rock-like substance.
On analysis the substance was found to be cocaine. Wainwright pleaded guilty in Court yesterday [Aug 27] to possession, telling the judge that the illegal drug was for his personal consumption, not for onwards sale. Senior Magistrate Archie Warner fined Wainwright $800.
- Conditional Discharge For Marijuana
- Man Charged in Cannabis Case
- Makai Dickerson In Court: Drug Possession
- Man Jailed: Swallowing Drug Pellets
- Man Charged With 2008 Offence
- Two People Fined For Drug Possession