A 51-year-old pedal cyclist was seriously injured in an accident involving a taxi at approximately 11.30am this morning [Aug 3] on South Road in Smiths. A physician happened to be in the area at the time and helped the cyclist until the ambulance arrived and transported him to hospital.
Police spokesperson Dwayne Caines said: “Police responded to a report of a serious road traffic collision that took place at 11:35am on South Road in Smiths in the area of St. Mark’s Church.
“It appears that a taxi was traveling east and a 51 year old Paget man was traveling west on a pedal cycle when they collided. A physician happened to be in the area and rendered first aid until the ambulance could be summoned.
“The Paget man was taken to KEMH where he is listed in serious condition. Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone with any information to contact police on 295-0011.”
- Photos by John Manderson
- Rider Injured In Collision With Truck
- Accident Causes Traffic Delays In Flatts
- Driver Injured In St. David’s Accident
- Taxi Accident Leaves Tourist Hospitalized
- Car & Taxi Collide In Southampton, Man Injured
- 17-Yr-Old Hospitalized After Collision