22 people were arrested over the Cup Match holiday, which saw the police attend a series of incidents including 8 burglaries, 5 non-injury road accidents, 10 accidents involving injuries, 2 marine incidents, 2 robberies, 2 disturbances, 6 stolen cycles, 10 assaults, 12 DUIs over the extended holiday period.
A police statement said: “The Bermuda Police Service would like to thank the public for their cooperation and assistance over the Cup Match Period. Considering there were 12 major events that attracted thousands of people over a 4 day/five night period the Cup Match holiday was largely uneventful.
“It should be noted there is still a small but persistent group of individuals who are intent of disrupting the quality of life we have come to know and expect in Bermuda. We are acutely aware of this and we are committed to having these individuals arrested and put before the courts.
“We would like to thank our community partners the Bermuda Regiment, The Bermuda Reserve Police and CAD and the Road Safety Council for their assistance over the Cup Match period.”
- Police: Cup Match Holiday “Relatively Safe”
- Police: High Visibility Patrols Over Cup Match
- Police Introduce ‘Yellow Card’ System
- One Drunk Driving Arrest Over 2010 Cup Match
- Police Respond To Cup Match Marijuana Allegation
- 2010 Cup Match Security: Regiment, CCTV & More