The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry announced today [Sept 18] that 31 individuals are currently enrolled in its Retraining Programme at the Bermuda College.
To date this makes 61 individuals involved in the Government’s various job training programmes in several disciplines. Recently the Ministry announced that 12 young women and 18 young men are being sponsored in the Ministry’s nail technician and Level 5 Drywall Certification programmes respectively.
The public will recall that earlier this year, the Ministry partnered with the Bermuda College to offer a $500,000 Retraining Scholarship Fund to assist in:
- Retraining Bermudians seeking employment in a particular professional designation; and
- Retraining individuals who may already be employed but who lack the financial resources to pursue a specific professional designation in their field.
The Certification programmes in the Accounting field include: CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CMA (Certified Management Accountant) and ACCA (Association of Certified Chartered Accountants) Certification Programmes.
A combination of unemployed, under-employed and those seeking to advance their qualifications are currently participating in the training scheme. And the Ministry confirmed that 15 individuals have been accepted into the ACCA certification, and 16 individuals have been accepted into the CMA and CPA certification programmes respectively (eight students in each category).
And the Ministry noted that it will continue to focus on retaining programmes that develop talent for jobs that drive our economy.
- Survey On Business Relationships In Bermuda
- Marsh/Guy: Student Broking Experience
- PwC To Host Student Networking Reception
- Business Bermuda Interview Techniques Seminar
- Six Bermudians To Train As Repair Technicians
- Monday: PwC To Host Reception For Parents