Staff from the Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo [BAMZ] and Bermuda Zoological Society teamed up with Keep Bermuda Beautiful [KBB] on Saturday [Sept 22] as part of an extension of KBB’s Marine Clean Up Day.
A spokesperson said, “A total of 1120 lbs of trash, mainly plastic, was removed from Dingle Bay in Harrington Sound. Westerly winds tend to drive the floating plastic up onto the shoreline in this difficult to reach area.
“A local landowner was kind enough to give the group access to their shoreline to collect the trash and sort it for type before carting it away to the dump for weighing and disposing of.”
- Photos: Filipino Association Hosts KBB Clean-Up
- KBB, Businesses Cleanup Mills Creek Canal
- Divers & Accountants Team Up For Clean Up
- Ocean Explorers Clean Up Of Whalebone Bay
- Upcoming: BOE WhaleBone Bay Clean Up
- KBB Launches Cigarette Litter Prevention