The City of Hamilton today announced that on Sunday, September 16, Church Street between Dismont Drive and Burnaby Street will be closed from 7:30am to 7:00pm while road paving takes place. Motorists traveling east should follow the traffic signs to Victoria Street.
Additionally, trenching will take place on the following streets:
- Angle Street between Princess and Court Streets on September 16, between 7:30am and 7:00pm;
- The northwest corner of Ewing and Court Streets; and
- The east side of Court Street, between Ewing and Angle Street – this will allow Belco to pull underground cables in the area.
On Wednesday, September 19, there will be no parking on both sides of Court Street between Ewing and Elliott Streets to allow Belco to remove poles and overhead wires. Parking will be available once the work has been completed.
The following road works continue:
- on Reid Street, outside of Butterfield Bank. Motorists will not be able to travel down Burnaby Hill to Front Street from Reid Street while trenching is taking place. Burnaby Street will remain closed for three weeks;
- on Front Street between Parliament Street and Burnaby Hill while trenching takes place in the parking lane on the north side of the street
- at the Court and Dundonald Streets intersection where new traffic lights are being installed.
While all roads works take place, motorists and pedestrians are urged to use caution in these areas. The City of Hamilton apologizes for any inconvenience caused.
- 37-Year-Old U.K. Visitor Dies In Crash
- Traffic Restrictions For Harbour Nights
- City Of Hamilton Issue Traffic Advisory
- Hamilton Intersection To Close For Three Days
- Temporary Traffic Lights In Hamilton Parish
- City Of Hamilton Parking, Traffic Advisory