U.K. football team Bradford City are waiting to find out the full extent of Nahki Wells’ current hip problem after the Bermudian striker went for a scan on the injured area yesterday [Sept 11], their website said.
Wells, who has recently been feeling discomfort in the area, was left out of last Saturday’s match at Accrington Stanley as a precaution.
“It seems to settle down for a period and then suddenly flare back up again,” Bradford boss Phil Parkinson said. ”On the whole, Nahki has been able to training pretty normally but it seems to catch when he goes to strike a ball – something which is obviously a huge part of his game.
“I didn’t want to play him on Saturday (at Accrington Stanley) unless he was right in his mind to do so. We’re now having it investigated thoroughly so we’ll see what comes up.”
The 22-year-old former Dandy Town star signed with the U.K. team last year, and scored 11 goals in his first season as a professional.
- Video: Nahki Wells Latest Goal
- Bradford On Wells: Incredible Athleticism
- Video: Nahki Wells Scores Two Goals
- Video: Wells Scores Game Winner In U.K.
- Nahki Wells & Bradford Off To Wembley
- Wells Scores Twice, Bradford Wembley Bound
Articles that link to this one:
- Bradford: Good News Regarding Nahki Wells | Bernews.com | September 14, 2012