Six Bermuda and US-based executives from Marsh will be among the industry experts participating in the Bermuda Insurance Underwriting Conference. Hosted by the Bermuda Insurance Institute, the conference will take place on September 19 and 20, 2012 at The Fairmont Hamilton Princess.
Marsh colleagues will participate, as moderators and panelists, in several sessions examining the factors that make Bermuda a global centre of underwriting excellence and how to develop strategies to ensure that the local market retains its competitive edge:
- Chris Reeves, President and Chief Operating Officer of Bowring Marsh [Bermuda] Ltd., will moderate an executive roundtable discussion about building on Bermuda’s underwriting strengths.
- Tony Tam, a New York-based Managing Director in Marsh’s Casualty Practice, will participate in a panel about customer perspectives on underwriting in Bermuda.
- Marianne Romeo, Head of Casualty at Bowring Marsh [Bermuda] Ltd., will participate in a panel on shifting liabilities in the casualty market.
- Nick Bower, a Senior Vice President in Marsh’s FINPRO Practice, will participate in a session about building competitive advantages for professional lines in Bermuda.
- Tim Kenny, a Senior Vice President, in Marsh’s Claims and Compliance departments, will participate in a session about the real value of insurance.
- Amanda Szakmary, a Senior Vice President in Marsh’s Property Practice, will participate in a session examining the Bermuda property market and the underwriting cycle.
“Marsh is delighted to take part in this important conference discussing the unique products and services that are available to risk managers and their organizations through the Bermuda insurance market,” Mr. Reeves said.
“Excellence in all of these specialist areas is what helps Bermuda to remain one of the world’s leading insurance jurisdictions.”
“We are thrilled with the outstanding line-up of industry experts who are participating in the conference to provide not only their expert opinions but also what we expect will be a lively debate about underwriting in the Bermuda insurance market,” said Chris Fisher, President, Bermuda Insurance Institute.
“We are all committed to upholding Bermuda’s strong reputation as a key player in the industry and we look forward to discussing current trends.”
Insurance underwriters, brokers, technical assistants, claims specialists, and affiliated employees are encouraged to attend the Bermuda Insurance Underwriting Conference. Those interested can register for the conference at www.bii.bm or by contacting Delma Parfitt on 295-1596 ext. 22 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Around The World On 1200CC’s
- AFL Appoint Rayner & Alexieva
- Change In SFI Management Team
- Nabors Expands Board Of Directors
- Ironshore Inc. Management Appointments
- Seadrill Corporate Management Change