31-year-old British national Gregory Charles Cox has been accused of raping a 21-year-old Bermudian woman on Bondi Beach in Australia, and attempts to keep his identity secret have failed.
PerthNow reports that: “A millionaire British entrepreneur accused of raping a woman on Bondi Beach has fought to keep his identity secret because his privileged background meant he would be subject to “undue embarrassment”.
“A magistrate was yesterday told the allegations had already caused Gregory Charles Cox, 31, the CEO and founder of the UK-based Quintessential Finance Group, ‘significant inconvenience’ and the case could cause further ‘unwarranted hardship’ if he was sent to trial.
“He was charged in January with raping a 21-year-old Bermuda woman he had just met at Bondi’s The Bucket List bar. Cox claims the sex was consensual.”
The offence carries a maximum penalty of 14 years in jail.
- Knotts Freed From Jail: Posts $1 Million Bond
- U.S. Court Raises Knotts Bond To $1 Million
- Former Prosecutor Bailed on Murder Charge
- Murder Charge: Former Bermuda Prosecutor
- Australian Court: Lloyd Rayney Pleads Not Guilty
- Dr Kevin Brown Found Guilty: 21 Charges