NASA’s Terra satellite captured this natural-color image of Tropical Storm Leslie as it moved over Bermuda yesterday [Sept 9]. The center of the storm passed to the east of the island, carrying maximum sustained winds of 60 mph [95km/h].
While Leslie was slow-moving for much of last week — often moving at 1/3mph — today the U.S. National Hurricane Center said that Leslie is moving at 25mph towards Newfoundland, where a Tropical Storm is in effect.
- NASA Image Of The Day: Bermuda
- Today Is Winter Solstice, Not The Apocalypse
- NASA Takes Aim At Bermuda In Study
- Rocket Tracked From Cooper’s Island
- Supermoon Seen Over Night Sky
- Astronaut Posts 2nd Bermuda Photo From Space