The waters off Bermuda are showing signs of the impending storm, with waves crashing along the South Shore as Hurricane Leslie drifts slowly in the Atlantic. The photos and videos below were taken yesterday [Sept 7] at Watch Hill Park and Spittal Pond in Smiths.
In their latest update thus morning [Sept 7], the U.S. National Hurricane Center said Hurricane Leslie is 415 miles south south-east of Bermuda, and moving towards the north at 1mph. Leslie’s maximum sustained winds are near 75mph [120km/h] with higher gusts. You can view all our coverage of the impending storm here.
Click to enlarge photos:
- Photos/Video: Surfers Out Pre-Hurricane Leslie
- Photos: Tropical Storm Leslie Passes Bermuda
- Photos: The Sunset Before The Storm
- Slideshow: Surfers At Horseshoe Bay Beach
- Slideshow: Waves At Elbow, Astwood, Horseshoe
- Photo Slideshow: East End After Hurricane Igor