Tomorrow [Sept 21] Premier Paula Cox will address a group of prominent female executives when she participates in the FedEx Global Women’s Forum 2012.
“Transforming Yourself, Your Community and Fedex” is the title of the forum and Premier Cox was invited to participate in the event as part of an International Women’s Foundation [IWF] Executive Development Round Table.
The event takes place in Memphis, TN, at the Peabody Hotel, and tomorrow Premier Cox will address attendees on the topic of “Transformational Leadership: Building Better Organisations, Communities, Leaders and Citizens”.
Following the discussion, the Premier will be interviewed by Emmy Award winning journalist and IWF programme facilitator, Kelli Arena.
Premier Cox said today, “I am honoured to have been asked to participate in this Executive Forum for FedEx senior officers. This is a time when enlightened companies are seeking to provide options for learning and development of their key employees. There is a recognition that one has to take steps to retain staff and that companies can be more profitable when they invest in their human resource development.
“This is progressive and speaks to the need to provide opportunities for learning and development by companies as part of a process for continuous professional development. It is always constructive to provide an avenue for the sharing of ideas and networking.”
A broad range of topics will be covered on leadership at the conference, some of which include:
- Investing in Our workforce
- Competing in an Open World
- Global Leadership in a Changing World
- Connecting Health, Balance; and the Quest for Success
- Motivating, Managing and Incentivising Leadership Across Generations
- Personal Branding and What’s Good for the Corporation; and
- Talent For Tomorrow
The event will be opened by Chris Richards, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, FedEx Corporation, and other prominent speakers include:
- The Hon. Roberta Lajous, former Mexican Deputy Permanent Representative to the United; Nations, former Mexican Ambassador to Bolivia, Cuba and Austria;
- Gameela Ismail, political activist, media and television presenter, Egypt;
- Virginia Albanese, President and CEO, FedEx Custom Critical;
- Barbara Bellissimo, Chief Agent and Senior Vice President, State Farm Insurance;
- Andrea Roane, News Anchor, WUSA9n Washington DC, Women’s Health Advocate;
- The Hon Dr. Kani Soin, distinguished surgeon, former Member of Parliament, Chair of Women’s Initiatives for Ageing Successfully (WINGS);
- Dave Bronczek, President & CEO, FedEx Express;
- Barbara Wallander, President, FedEx SmartPOST;
- Karyl Innis, Chairman and CEO, The Innis Company;
- Donna Duncan-Scott, Group Executive Director, Culture and Human Development, The JMMB Group;
- • Karyn Twaronite, Partner, Americas Inclusiveness Officer, Ernst & Young.
This week’s leadership roundtable comes on the heels of the IWF’s announcement earlier this month that Premier Cox will presented with the Women Who Make A Difference Awards next month for her leadership in both the private and public sector. Premier Cox will be one of ten recipients being honoured at next month’s gala event. Costs for this week’s trip are not publicly funded.
- Photos: Premier Paula Cox’s Swearing In
- Premier Tables Bill To Increase Good Governance
- Feb 15: Premier To Host Town Hall
- Cox: ‘Transparency, Fairness, Equity’
- Premier To Host Town Hall Meeting
- Premier’s Address: Crime, Economy & More