Eleven staff members have been laid off at S.A.L. Limited, with the Company saying they had to make the “necessary decision to downsize” due to the large downturn in trading in the difficult economic times.
A statement from SAL said: “S.A.L. Trading Limited regrettably had to inform a number of our employees that the effect of the large downturn in trading throughout all departments of the Company, in the difficult economic times of today, is the necessary decision to downsize the Company.
“This difficult decision follows other cost cutting measures, previously implemented, that alone proved insufficient to offset the decline in business.
“The number of Employees who are affected is eleven, including management. The Company also advised everyone on the layoff list that their health coverage will be continued throughout the layoff period.”
- Jupiter To Close Bermuda Office
- 12 Students: Summer Internship Program
- Monetary Authority Graduate Training Programme
- SEEZ’s Interviewing & Resume Writing Workshop
- LOM: Four Made Redundant In Bermuda Office
- ACE, HSBC, Deloitte Summer Internship Program