Bermuda-based Alterra Capital Holdings Limited said their initial estimate for losses from third quarter 2012 catastrophe events, predominantly from Hurricane Isaac, is in the range of $10 million to $15 million, pretax and net of reinsurance and reinstatement premiums. Losses are expected to relate principally to Alterra’s US insurance segment.
In addition, Alterra believes that its net underwriting loss from the US crop events that occurred in the summer of 2012 will be approximately $22.5 million, pretax and net of reinsurance and reinstatement premiums, within the previously announced range.
- Alterra Letter To Shareholders
- Alterra Upgraded By Zacks Analysts
- Alterra: Bermuda’s Company Of The Decade
- Markel Completes Acquisition Of Alterra Capital
- Alterra Sidecar Receives Investment Boost
- Alterra Appoints Dan Gamble As EVP