On Friday, October 19, 2012, KPMG in Bermuda will again close its doors to participate in their annual charitable event, Make a Difference Day [MaDD]. This year’s initiative will be will in support of three local charities, including; Bermuda National Trust [BNT]; Matilda Smith Williams Seniors Residence; and the Bermuda Hospitals Charitable Trust [BHCT].
Drawing on the interests and talents of their staff, KPMG in Bermuda will donate staff time, charitable service, and useful equipment to a variety of projects across four locations:
- Matilda Smith Williams home; both with the residents, and in the garden areas of the property;
- The Barn thrift shop, one of the Hospitals Auxiliary of Bermuda’s most profitable fund raising activities;
- Barker’s Hill, Devonshire, a recent addition under the stewardship of the Bermuda National Trust; and
- Prospect Garrison Cemetery, an ongoing project for the Bermuda National Trust.
Neil Patterson, Chairman of KPMG in Bermuda said, “It never ceases to impress me how important the annual MaDD initiative has become to our staff. Aside from the quality of work completed by our staff over such a short period of time, a large part of the overall impact can be measured in the real pride taken in the projects they participate in. This is a key feature that I take away from this initiative each year.”
- Mirrors Volunteers At Windreach
- Southampton Rangers “On A Mission”
- Friends of Hospice Fundraising Walk
- Families Invited To Volunteer Together
- WindReach Walk And Roll Fundraiser
- Holiday Volunteers: ‘It’s An Honour’