Capital G announce the launch of its sixth annual ‘Holiday Giving Back’ fundraising programme which this year will benefit Meals on Wheels.
Capital G is inviting members of the community to donate a Dollar amount of their choosing to the bank’s ‘Holiday Giving Back’ account in support of the Meals on Wheels charity.
“The ‘Holiday Giving Back’ fundraising programme has been a successful collaboration between Capital G staff, our customers and Bermuda’s residents,” said Ian Truran, President & CEO, Capital G Bank Limited.
“This year, due to the challenging economic climate and the consequent increase in demand on the services of charitable groups, Capital G is continuing our commitment to directing ‘Holiday Giving Back’ funds to the benefit of Meals on Wheels, as it is an important source of support for the whole Bermuda community.”
Capital G’s ‘Holiday Giving Back’ programme averages $13,000 of donations per year. Last year, the programme donated more than $14,000. Despite tough times, Capital G hopes to again rely on the community’s generosity in the season of giving to show their support for those who – for reasons of age, disability or health – depend on Meals on Wheels to deliver a nourishing cooked meal to their home.
“Capital G prides itself on assisting its charitable partners beyond a cash donation, and as such Capital G employee volunteers reached out to assist the charity on this week with meal preparation and delivery. The team thought it would be fitting in recognition of the U.S Thanksgiving holiday this week.,” Mr. Truran said.
Joe Gibbons, Director/Chairman of Meals on Wheels, said: “We are very grateful to be chosen as the recipient of Capital G Bank’s Holiday Giving Back programme.
“We have seen a steady increase in demand for our services and for the past few years have been operating our hot meals programme at full capacity. Our mission has been to maintain Meals on Wheels as a source of support for Bermuda’s residents, and we thank Capital G and the community for their additional support of our work during the busy festive season.”
Capital G employees will also partner with Meals on Wheels to collect donations during the Gibbons Company Charity Shopping Day on Friday, December 7th. Customers who donate at least $5 will receive 20% off regularly priced merchandise.
How to Help
The Holiday Giving Back programme began on November 21st. All donations should be received by 5pm on Friday, December 21st. Capital G will match all contributions up to a capped amount and all funds will be donated to Meals on Wheels.
Donations may be made to Meals On Wheels via the Capital G Bank ‘Giving Back’ account via the following ways:
1. Deposit at Capital G’s no-wait deposit box located inside the bank at 19 Reid Street
2. Deposit with a Capital G Teller at either of our Branches located at: a) 19 Reid Street or b) 1 Church Street (Maxwell Roberts Building) or c) Ask the teller to make a donation to Meals On Wheels into the ‘Giving Back’ account.
3. Donate $5 at Gibbons Company’s Charity Shopping Day on Friday, December 7th and receive 20% off regularly priced merchandise
4. Transfer funds via Capital G eBanking on www.capital-g.com
- a) Utilize the Bill Pay function by transferring from your Capital G Bank account
- b) Click on Bill Payments, Make Payments, select Capital G Bank Giving Back from the billers list – click “Retrieve”
- c) In Bill Account Number enter your name or simply donation and click “Submit”
- d) Select the account you would like to debit your donation from, select the date to debit and the donation Dollar amount in Bermuda Dollars and click “Initiate”
- e) You now have the option to print your donation confirmation
- f) Telephone the Call Centre at 296-6969 if you need assistance