The World Rugby Classic kicked off last night [Nov 10] with no shortage of entertainment both on and off the field. The always popular annual event attracted a massive crowd, with many dressed for the occasion in a wide variety of attire ranging from human crayons, superheroes, Santa Claus, cowboys, skeletons, plus a variety of suspicious looking “women”.
While the unofficial costume show took place off the field, rugby players took to the field to start the week’s play. The defending champions Argentina defeated France 21 – 5 in the first game, while South Africa defeated the United States 43-10 in the second game.
The games continue on Monday, with the Canada vs. Classic Lions at 7.15pm, and Australia vs. Italy at 8.30pm. You can view all our photo galleries and coverage of the Rugby Classic by clicking here.
Click to enlarge photos:
- Photos: World Rugby Classic Crowds & More
- Photos: Cousins Sport 43 Yr Old Morris Minors
- Photos: Seymour’s Pond “Blooms” Pink
- Photos: Australia Win World Rugby Classic
- Results/Photos: Rugby Classic Australia vs Italy
- Results/Photos: Rugby Classic Canada vs Lions