[Updated with video] Bradford City advanced to the F.A Cup with Budweiser Second Round by beating Northampton Town 4 – 2 on penalties at the Coral Windows Stadium in West Yorkshire today [Nov 13].
Bermudian striker Nahki Wells converted a penalty in the 90th minute, and both teams scored in extra time forcing the game into kicks from the penalty mark. Bradford went down to 10 men at the start of the second period of extra time as a player was injured and they had used all three substitutes.
After his earlier success from the spot, Wells’ saw his effort in the shoot-out saved by Northampton Town goalkeeper Shane Higgs, however his team still claimed the win and advanced to the next round.
Update 9.21pm: The video below of today’s game has just been posted on Youtube, with the uploader saying: “The Bermudian legend that is Nahki Wells scores Bradfords second…”
- Video: Nahki Wells Latest Goal
- Bradford On Wells: Incredible Athleticism
- Video: Nahki Wells Scores Two Goals
- Video: Wells Scores Game Winner In U.K.
- Nahki Wells & Bradford Off To Wembley
- Wells Scores Twice, Bradford Wembley Bound