The Institute of Directors Bermuda Branch [IoD] announced that, effective today [Jan 15], the organization has revitalized after a four-year hiatus.
The IoD is a non-partisan business organization founded in London by Royal Charter in 1903, currently with around 37,000 members worldwide.The IoD is dedicated to providing directors with the information and advice they require to help their business succeed. Membership spans the whole spectrum of international business leadership, from the largest international companies to the smallest private firms. The Bermuda branch of the Institute of Directors was founded in 1991.
Roger Gillett, Chairman, Institute of Directors Bermuda Branch, says: “It’s exciting to have reconvened the Institute of Directors Bermuda Branch. Bermuda has a very unique position at the crossroad of the USA and U.K. and regulation is becoming more and more complex so it’s important that Bermuda-based Directors are up-to-speed with the latest developments in corporate governance and directors’ responsibilities. We hope that our educational programme and networking opportunities will provide an avenue for directors to grow their knowledge and skill base.”
At the same time, a new Board of Directors has been appointed until the next Annual General Meeting. The Board is:
- Roger Gillett, Chairman
- Rochelle Simons – Vice Chairman and Educational Programme Officer
- Judith Hall-Bean- Secretary
- Derrick Lightbourne- Treasurer
- Caroline Foulger – Membership Officer
- Elizabeth Tee – Public Relations Officer
- Jill Husbands – Committee Member
- Ray Madeiros – Committee Member
- Tracy Packwood – Committee Member and member of the Education sub-committee
- Horst Finkbeiner- Committee Member
- Andy McComb- Committee Member and member of the Membership sub-committee
- Monica Dobbie- Committee Member
- Roy Bray- Committee Member and member of the Membership sub-committee
The Bermuda branch will celebrate their re-launch with a cocktail party for members tonight at Ascot’s. Anyone interested in becoming a member should contact the Membership Committee on email@example.com.
- Marsh Executives To Participate In Conference
- AFL Appoint Rayner & Alexieva
- Change In SFI Management Team
- Nabors Expands Board Of Directors
- Ironshore Inc. Management Appointments
- Seadrill Corporate Management Change