[Updated] The Ministry of Education is advising the public that a decision was made to close East End Primary school this morning [Feb 18] after an electrical pole fell on the premises.
“The incident happened last evening, and as a result the school is currently without power or telephone service,” the Ministry said. “The position of the pole, poses a safety hazard, and to ensure the wellbeing of the students, Ministry officials have closed the school for the remainder of the day.
“The Ministry advised that efforts are underway by school staff to contact all parents regarding the collection of their children. A BELCO crew is currently on site and working to restore power. The Ministry takes this opportunity to thank parents and the public for their patience and cooperation as it works to rectify the issue.”
Update 11.55am: The Ministry issued an amendment saying the downing of the electrical pole occurred this morning, and not last evening as stated in the earlier press release.
- Friday: Deadline For Public School Registration
- Public School Enrolment For The 2013/14 Year
- St. John’s Preschool After School Care Delay
- Education Ministry: 17 Preschool Vacancies
- Dame Jennifer: Lyceum Preschool To Relocate
- Mirrors Programme Coaching for Success