The Ministry of Education is advising parents that enrolment deadline for the 2013/14 Bermuda Public School is tomorrow [Feb 8].
A spokesperson said, “If there are still members of the public who have yet to register their children in any of the Government’s preschool, primary, middle or senior schools they are urged to complete the process by 5.00 p.m. tomorrow. Application forms are available online at www.moed.bm and at all public schools.
Preschool and Primary School Registration
Generally, children must be resident in the same parish as the preschool to which the application is made, however the following exceptions apply:
- St. George’s Preschool will accept applications from residents of St. George’s Parish with postal code beginning with GE only.
- Lyceum Preschool will accept applications from residents of Smith’s Parish and Hamilton Parish.
- Devonshire Preschool will accept applications from residents of Smith’s Parish and Devonshire Parish.
- Prospect Preschool will accept applications from residents of Devonshire Parish and Pembroke Parish.
- Warwick Preschool will accept applications from residents of Southampton Parish who live to the east of the access roads to the Fairmount Southampton Hotel.
- Southampton Preschool will accept applications from residents of Sandys Parish who live to the east of Scaur Hill.
Middle School Registration
Students already in the Bermuda Public School System enrolling in middle school must register in the middle school as designated per the Family of Schools outlined on the application. Students not already enrolled in the Bermuda Public School System must register at the middle school closest to their residence.
Finally as a special advisory, the Ministry noted that parents of children enrolling into the Bermuda Public School System with mobility, vision, hearing, medical, social-emotional, developmental or any other special education needs should contact the Assistant Director of Student Services at 278-3327 prior to submitting an application in order to receive assistance in selecting the school most appropriate to the child’s needs.
For more information regarding the upcoming public school registration visit www.moed.bm.