Smiths Store Electrical Room Fire Extinguished

November 24, 2015

At approximately 5.51pm this evening [Nov 24, the Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service responded to a report of “smoke and flames seen at the back of the A1 Supermarket in Smiths Parish.”

Fire Service Spokesperson Sergeant Russann Francis said, “The Fire Service responded to the incident with 2 vehicles and 5 personnel.

“On our arrival, we found a small fire in the electrical room at the rear of the building. Firefighters extinguished the fire with a dry chemical powder extinguisher, before conducting an interior search of the premises to ensure that fire did not extend into the main store.

“As a result, all power to the store was lost and BELCO was called to ensure that the power was isolated. Repairs are currently underway.

“There were no injuries as a result of the fire.”

Share via email

Read More About

Category: Accidents and fires, All, News

.