Overheated Oil Causes Minor Fire, Sets Off Alarm

March 20, 2017 | 0 Comments

The Bermuda Fire & Rescue Service responded to the Washington Mall in Hamilton on Saturday [March 18] where “a pan of oil that overheated” resulted in “a minor fire” and the building’s alarm system being activated.

Washington Mall Bermuda Fire Rescue Service, March 18 2017 (1)

A Washington Properties spokesperson told Bernews, “One of our food outlets had a minor fire on Saturday evening, which set off the building’s alarm system and the fire service attended. The cause of the fire was a pan of oil that overheated.

“There was only minimal smoke and grease within the tenant’s premises. The dry chemical system over the stove released the fire suppression chemical and activated the solenoid to shut off the cooking gas supply.

Washington Mall Bermuda Fire Rescue Service, March 18 2017 (3)

“The adjacent fire shutter deployed. All automatic fire detection/suppression systems worked and the fire was quickly suppressed with no damage.

“We would like to thank the Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service for their quick response.”

click here Bermuda fires

Share via email

Read More About

Category: Accidents and fires, All, News

Leave a Reply