Photos: Work Continues At Horseshoe Bay

March 20, 2017 | 8 Comments

Work continues to take place at Horseshoe Bay Beach, with the aim of “improving the user experience” and “increasing the ease of transport and accessibility” at the popular south shore beach.

The work is scheduled to include the construction of a new timber pedestrian boardwalk; the repositioning of existing asphalt roadway; new bus, shuttle/mini-bus & taxi drop-off zones and car & bike parking; the removal of invasive species of plants & trees and more.

According to Public Works Minister Craig Cannonier, the work was 21% complete as of February 15th.

“Vehicle access to the main entrance will be restricted until the completion of works, which is scheduled for May 1, 2017. Once the work is completed, access through the main entrance will be restored,” the Government previously said.

 

Click to enlarge photos:

Share via email

Read More About

Category: All, News, Photos

Comments (8)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Curious says:

    Very exciting changes to this very popular beach destination. My only question is will I be able to access parking so I can attempt to get my Bermuda Kite up on Good Friday?

    • Not for us says:

      No. You’ll probably not be able to access Horseshoe Bay from this parking area without having to pay ever again.

    • And T N Tatem teachers were starting trouble, and de Swing Bridge completed and de round-about had no budget and Obama wire tapped Trump and………..

  2. JohnBoy says:

    “Vehicle access to the main entrance will be restricted until the completion of works, which is scheduled for May 1, 2017. Once the work is completed, access through the main entrance will be restored,” the Government previously said.

    So unless Go Friday is after May 1 I would say no.

    • Southampton Resident says:

      If only vehicular access is restricted, why has pedestrian access been restricted as well.

      21% complete after two months and they plan to be complete the remaining 79% in a little over a month – Really!!

  3. trump supporter says:

    Depends if the other 79% is complete! Where did he pull that number from, just concretes my thoughts he isn’t a works and engineers minister.

Leave a Reply

Latest Tweets From ForeverBermuda.com

Partly Cloudy
Tuesday
Partly Cloudy
High 70° / Low 67°
Mostly Cloudy
Wednesday
Mostly Cloudy
High 72° / Low 66°
Rain
Thursday
Rain
High 69° / Low 57°

Sign Up For Our Free Email Newsletters

email-banners-good-news-370

Latest Podcasts

Podcast: World Champion Triathlete Flora Duffy

Podcast: World Champion Triathlete Flora Duffy

In the latest Bernews podcast, one of Bermuda’s greatest athletes of all time, Flora Duffy, says being a world champion is something she has dreamed of since she was eight-years-old. Ms Duffy was back in Bermuda taking a short break after a grueling year which has seen her achieve outstanding success. “When I started racing, I […]

Share via email
November 14, 2016 | 0 Comments
Podcast: Dr Fleming On Issues Affecting Seniors

Podcast: Dr Fleming On Issues Affecting Seniors

In the latest Bernews Podcast, we talk to Dr Claudette Fleming, the Executive Director of Age Concern, about issues affecting senior citizens in Bermuda. Dr Fleming talks about research she has done in Bermuda as well as the effects of the recession on Age Concern’s members. She also addresses the issue of income disparity and […]

Share via email
October 17, 2016 | 2 Comments
Podcast: Martha Dismont On Child Neglect/Abuse

Podcast: Martha Dismont On Child Neglect/Abuse

In the latest Bernews podcast, we sit down with Martha Dismont, the Executive Director of the Family Centre, which has recently launched a campaign called ‘Neglect Is Abuse, See It, Stop It’ to try and stem a significant rise in cases of child neglect. Ms Dismont links the rise in neglect cases directly “to the […]

Share via email
September 23, 2016 | 2 Comments
Podcast: Baron On Crime, Road Safety & More

Podcast: Baron On Crime, Road Safety & More

In this latest Bernews podcast, we speak to the Minister of National Security Jeff Baron who revealed than gang membership has dropped by more than 150 people. Yet, he says, gangs are still changing and recruiting – sometimes even from schools. The Minister talks about his plans for restorative justice – which focuses on both the needs […]

Share via email
August 30, 2016 | 8 Comments
Podcast: Governor On Airport, Commission, More

Podcast: Governor On Airport, Commission, More

In this latest Bernews podcast, we interview George Fergusson who will soon be stepping down as Governor. He touches on a wide range of issues such as turning down a request to hold a Commission of Inquiry into the Tucker’s Point land matter, the airport redevelopment, the effect on Bermuda of Brexit, the British Government’s […]

Share via email
July 25, 2016 | 9 Comments
="banner728-container bottom clearfix">