Man Arrested In Connection With Shooting

May 16, 2017 | 0 Comments

A 29-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the shooting on Sunday [May 14] in the Court/Elliot Street area.

The police previously said that it “appears that a 34-year-old male was involved in a confrontation with another man and during this confrontation the 34-year-old male was shot at, receiving a superficial wound.”

A police spokesperson said, “A 29-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the confirmed firearm incident that occurred around 6pm Sunday, May 14th in the Court Street, Elliot Street Pembroke area.

“A search warrant executed Monday evening in the King Street, Pembroke area – part of a proactive police investigation into the matter – led to the suspect being apprehended without incident.

“He remains in police custody and a file will be prepared for consideration by the DPP.

“Any witnesses to Sunday’s shooting that have not already come forward are encouraged to contact Detective Sergeant Jason Smith at 441-717-0864, e-mail jsmith2@bps.bm or call the independent and anonymous Crime Stoppers hotline 800-8477.”

Share via email

Read More About

Category: All, Crime, News

Leave a Reply