BFRS Extinguish Structural Fire In Somerset

February 22, 2019 | 4 Comments

The Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service [BFRS] responded to a fire at an Acacia Lane, Somerset residence early this morning [Feb 22] and extinguished a laundry room blaze that resulted in the home receiving smoke damage throughout.

BFRS Staff Officer Sergeant Allan Wilkinson said, “The Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service received a call via 911 at 3:13am reporting a structural fire at #17 Acacia Lane.

“Upon arrival Firefighters noticed flames and heavy smoke coming from a downstairs laundry. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire, but the home received smoke damage throughout. The fire is currently under investigation.”

click here Bermuda fires

Share via email

Read More About

Category: Accidents and fires, All, News

Comments (4)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. sage says:

    Dryer vents need cleaning out regularly, if the load doesn’t dry fully at your normal setting that can mean the vent is full of lint. There are videos on you tube for DIYers. I have no idea if that is the cause of this fire but a young girl in the US lost her life last week due to a dryer vent fire.

  2. Fire and smoke alarm your laundry Bermuda…do it now…how soon not now becomes never.

  3. Triangle Drifter says:

    It is such a simple job to clean out a dryer vent.

    • My house says:

      Had nothing to do with the dryer! But thanks for your opinion. It was an ELECTRICAL FIRE… assumptions… never a good thing

Leave a Reply