Air Travel To Canada Will Soon Require ETA

October 11, 2015

According to the official Canadian Government’s website, Bermudians planning to travel to Canada by air after March 14, 2016 will need an Electronic Travel Authorization [eTA], an electronic document that can be applied for online.

Regarding Bermudians, the Government of Canada website says, “Starting March 15, 2016, you need an eTA to visit or transit Canada by air if you are a citizen of this British overseas territory who derives their citizenship through birth, descent, registration or naturalization. You can apply now for an eTA.”

Screenshot from the Canadian Government’s website:


“If you travel by land or sea, you will not need an eTA when you enter Canada. However, you must travel with proper identification.

“Applying for an eTA is a simple online process that takes just a few minutes. To apply you must have a valid passport, credit card, and email address.”

To apply for a Canadian Electronic Travel Authorization, visit the Government of Canada website.

Read More About

Category: All, Business

Comments (9)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Family Man says:

    Stephen Harper; just trying to be more like George Bush every day.

  2. mixitup says:

    Who cares about Canada anyways…lol

  3. skytrain says:

    Don’t worry.
    Mr Harper will be voted off Parliament Hill on October 19.

  4. KarmaGotEm says:

    I say we treat them the same! However the “Original Canadian” in charge won’t do it. Oh my bad we need them here. Whilst affording them to become millionaires and then leave with their loot! All you who benefit save it…seen it enough!

    • Anon Ymous says:

      You do know that IB can have no trade locally in Bermuda, right? This means that any ‘loot’ they EARN does not originate from Bermuda or Bermudians, however, Bermuda does get a ‘cut’ in the form of payroll tax and the economy benefits from any and all local spending (rent, vehicles, fuel, groceries, belco, etc, etc). Essentially, money for nothing. You want your cake and eat it! Sheesh!

  5. Islandsistah says:

    It costs $7 and lasts five years. No big deal…….

  6. Micro says:

    Guess I won’t be travelling to Canada then.

  7. Coffee says:

    Payback for being nice . No exemptions for the grateful onion .

  8. Ed Case says:

    Who the heck needs to go there anyway?