Man Remains In Hospital After Industrial Accident

September 17, 2018 | 0 Comments

A 29-year-old man that was injured in the industrial accident in St George’s on Friday [Sept 14] has been discharged from the hospital, while a 63-year-old man hurt in the same incident continues to recover on a general ward at the hospital, where he is listed in stable condition.

Industrial Accident Bermuda September 14 2018 (1)

A police spokesperson said, “At last check this morning [September 17th] a 29-year-old St. George’s man hurt in an industrial accident in the Wellington Back Road, St. George’s area Friday morning [September 14th] had been admitted to a general ward and later discharged, while a 63-year-old Pembroke man hurt in the same incident continues to recover in stable condition on a general ward at the hospital.

“The Government Health & Safety Officer has been notified regarding this matter.”

equipment Bermuda Sept 14 2018

Following the accident on Friday, the Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service said, “Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service received a call via 911 at 8:21am this morning reporting an accident involving construction machinery.

“Upon arrival firefighters noticed a small excavator had overturned while being loaded onto a truck. Two workers were injured in the accident and were transported to KEMH with serious injuries, but not believed to be life threatening.”

Share via email

Read More About

Category: Accidents and fires, All, News

Leave a Reply