Fourteen of the island’s top athletes will fly the flag for Bermuda at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi, India next month. The Bermuda Olympic Committee just announced the Commonwealth Games Bermuda team this evening [Sept 16], selecting 11 men and 3 women who will participate in 5 of the 17 sports at the Games.
Bermuda’s Commonwealth Games Chef-de-Mission Stanley Douglas will oversee our athletes who will participate in Athletics, Shooting, Squash, Swimming and Tennis.
Olympians Keira Aitken and Roy-Allan Burch are set to compete in Swimming along with Nick Thomson.
Bermuda’s number one male and female tennis players Gavin Manders and Tara Lambert will also take part, along with David Thomas and Jacklyn Lambert.
Central American and Caribbean [CAC]s Games Bronze Medalist Ross Roberts will lead the shooting team, alongside Commonwealth Games veteran Sinclair Raynor, Carl Reid and Nelson Simons.
Central American and Caribbean Games Men’s Long Jump Gold Medal winner Tyrone Smith and sprinter Tre Houston make up the Athletics Team.
Eleven time Bermuda Squash Racquets Association Champion and former number 63rd in the World Rankings Nick Kyme will be Bermuda’s lone competitor in Squash.
- Commonwealth Athletes, Premier & Minister
- Premier To Attend Commonwealth Games in India
- Premier Announces He Will Fund India Trip
- Commonwealth Games: Tyrone Smith Places 5th
- Commonwealth Games Athlete Update
- Bermuda On Queen’s Baton Relay Route
Articles that link to this one:
- Keira Aitken To Carry the Bermuda Flag | Bernews.com | October 3, 2010