Students at The Bermuda High School hosted a unique fashion event featuring designs made with at least 50% recycled or found materials on Friday [Mar.23] in the Queen Elizabeth Hall on the school campus.
Inspired by the popular Project Runway reality competition on Lifetime hosted by Heidi Klum, the competition saw 7 teams paired with mentors from local retailers AS Coopers, Atelerie, Boutique CC, Cecile, Gibbons Company, Lovit Boutique and Orange Bay Company create designs that are made of at least 50% recycled or found materials.
Each team showed off their designs on the runway and were judged on originality, wearability, presentation and use of recycled/found materials. Judges for the event included Nike Bada, a local blogger, Amir X, former international model, and Shiona Turini, editor of Style Bermuda and “Teen Vogue” accessories editor. The host for the evening was Jennifer Burland Adams, Director of Advancement at BHS.
Click to enlarge photos:
- Photo Set #2: Nicole R Hosts A Night Of Fashion
- Photo Set #1: Nicole R Hosts A Night Of Fashion
- Photos: BHS School Eco-Runway Fashion Show
- Video: 2011 BHS Eco Runway Fashion Show
- BHS Students To Host Eco-Fashion Event
- Photos: Berkeley Institute Shine Fashion Show