After smashing his taxi into a parked tractor-trailer on Front Street earlier this month while driving drunk, a 78-year-old taxi driver was fined $800 and given a one year driving ban.
Neville Smith from Southampton this morning [Sept 11] pleaded guilty in Magistrates Court to driving whilst impaired and was fined $800 and disqualified from driving all vehicles for twelve months.
Mr Smith was involved in a traffic accident on Front Street on 4th September 2012 in which his taxi had crashed into a parked tractor-trailer.
The Court heard that when Police appeared on the scene and asked Mr Smith if he had been drinking, he replied: “Yes. I’ve had a few Cockspurs.”
- Woman Charged After Traffic Collision
- Drunk Driver Gets 15 Months in Jail
- Runner Lamont Marshall Charged After Collision
- “I’ve Just Crashed My $100,000 Car”
- One Year in Jail: Driver who Struck Teen
- 78-Yr-Old Arrested After Striking Parked Trailer