A.S. Cooper and Astwood Dickinson said due to the “slower path and improved forecast” with Leslie, they will remain open on Saturday [Sept 8] in all locations except for the Clocktower Mall in Dockyard.
A statement from the Company said: “Management of A.S. Cooper & Sons and Astwood Dickinson Ltd. have determined that the slower path and improved forecast for Hurricane Leslie will mean that they will be able to remain open on Saturday, September 8th in all locations except for the Clocktower Mall in Dockyard.
“WEDCO has closed the West End shopping mall Saturday through Monday. Managing Director, Somers Cooper and his team will assess the weather again tomorrow (Saturday) before deciding on the opening (or closing) plan for Sunday and Monday.”
Mr. Cooper added, “We are dedicated to serving the needs of the community and will continue to operate only if conditions remain safe for our staff and customers to get to and from our stores.”
You can view all our coverage of Hurricane/Tropical Storm Leslie here.
- Gibbons Company: Open For Business On Saturday
- Hamilton Docks To Close On Friday To Prepare
- Butterfield Bank Prepares For Hurricane Leslie
- City of Hamilton Hurricane Preparations
- EMO On Hurricane Leslie, Schools, Causeway
- Tropical Storm Leslie Upgraded To A Hurricane
Articles that link to this one:
- Fri. Sept 7: Tropical Storm Leslie Live Blog/Videos | Bernews.com | September 7, 2012