Wagner ‘Will Listen’ To Offers For Nahki Wells

July 27, 2017

David Wagner has confirmed that Huddersfield Town “will listen to serious offers” for Bermudian striker Nahki Wells, who is out of contract at the end of the coming season, according to a story in the Huddersfield Daily Examiner.

The story said, “David Wagner has confirmed Huddersfield Town will listen to serious offers for striker Nahki Wells.

Nahki Wells Bermuda July 27 2017

“The Bermudian frontman, who is out of contract at the end of the coming season, played a big part in helping Town win promotion to the Premier League, netting 10 goals.

“Town, however, have signed two strikers in the closed season – Steve Mounie for £11.5m from Montpellier and Laurent Depoitre for £3.5m from Porto – and Wagner concedes Wells, who missed the 2-1 friendly defeat by Udinese with an ankle injury, faces strong competition for a starting shirt.

“Everybody can see how high the quality is of the strikers we’ve brought in,” said Wagner, who watched Tom Ince score his fourth goal of pre-season against the Italian Serie A side.

“There is Mounié, Depoitre and we still have Elias Kachunga and Collin Quaner who are able to play there.

“This isn’t the best situation for Nahki and, of course, he is the name who is on the market – so we will listen if there is some serious interest in him.”

“Wells, who made 47 appearances in total for Town last season, including the play-off final at Wembley, was previously Town’s record £1.3m signing from Bradford, has been linked most recently with beaten opponents Reading.”

click here banner football

Share via email

Read More About

Category: All, Sports

Comments (1)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Samuels says:

    Teamtalk reporting that Norwich City are most likely destination.
    Disappointing not to see him in EPL, but that would be a good move for him.