Kitchen Trash Fire, Sauna Fire And A Fire Alarm

March 23, 2015

The Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service tonight [Mar 22] responded to reports of fire at a home in Sandys, a report of fire at a home in Pembroke, and a fire alarm in an apartment complex in the City of Hamilton.

The BFRS said, “At approximately 8:42 pm on Sunday, March 22nd, 2015, the Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service responded to a report of a house fire at #3 Oriel Lane in Sandys.

Fire Service spokesperson, Sergeant Russann Francis reports, “The smoldering fire which produced excessive smoke, was contained to a trash bin and extinguished by 2 firefighters in breathing apparatus with one 1 ½” hose line.

“Firefighters performed salvage duties by extracting the heat and smoke from the kitchen area. There was smoke damage throughout the kitchen. There were no injuries at this incident.

Fire Bermuda, March 22 2015-2

“At approximately 9:01 pm Sunday, March 22nd, 2015 the Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service responded to a report of fire at a residence at 9 Windwood Drive in Pembroke.”

“The Fire Service responded to the fire incident with 2 vehicles and 8 personnel. The fire which was contained to the paneling surrounding the sauna, had been extinguished by the occupants of the residence with a dry chemical powder extinguisher.

“On our arrival, firefighters performed salvage duties to extract the excess smoke and powder residue throughout the basement level of the residence. There were no injuries.

“Anyone interested in taking a Fire Extinguisher Training Course is encouraged to contact the Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service at 292-5555.”

Fire Bermuda, March 22 2015-4

Close to an hour later, Fire service appliances were seen on Cedar Avenue outside an apartment complex where a fire alarm had been activated and residents were gathered outside the building. Fire service personnel entered the building and gave the all clear a short time later, with residents returning to their homes.

Read More About

Category: Accidents and fires, All, News